Legal and Privacy Information
Legal Information: Terms and Conditions of Use
GDF SUEZ Energy UK Limited and subsidiaries and associated companies of GDF SUEZ Energy UK Limited, are collectively and individually described below as GDF SUEZ Energy UK (also the 'Company').
1. The terms and conditions set out below apply to the entire contents of www.gdfsuezuk.com (the 'Website'). Your use of the Website indicates your acceptance of these terms and conditions. Please read them carefully before proceeding.
2. The terms and conditions of this Website may be updated or amended from time to time without prior notice. They were last posted on 21st June 2010.
3. GDF SUEZ Energy UK endeavours to ensure that the information contained within the Website is up to date, correct and complete. In the event of inadvertent or occasional errors GDF SUEZ Energy UK accepts no liability. Further, the Company cannot accept any liability for loss of any kind resulting from reliance on the information or opinions provided within the Website nor from any computer viruses and other malicious programs on the Website despite the Company's reasonable precautions against them.
4. GDF SUEZ Energy UK intends to make the Website available 24 hours a day, but cannot be held liable for any non-availability or error regardless of whether the circumstances are inside or outside the Company's control.
5. This Website contains links to external websites to allow access to additional information about energy-related matters. GDF SUEZ Energy UK accepts no responsibility or liability for material supplied by or contained on any external website which is linked from or to this Website, or use of any personal data by a third party.
6. The copyright and all other intellectual property rights, including logos, trademarks and brand names, in the material on this Website are owned by GDF SUEZ Energy UK. Forms and market reports may be downloaded to a local hard disk for your personal and internal business use. Any other reproduction or use of extracts from the Website incorporated into or stored in any form for any purpose is prohibited without the written or express permission of GDF SUEZ Energy UK.
GDF SUEZ Energy UK is committed to respecting your privacy, and complies with relevant data protection law. This privacy statement covers how GDF SUEZ Energy UK treats personal information that the Company may collect from and receive on the Website. Personal information comprises your name, address (email and/or postal), occupation and interests. This policy together with our Terms and Conditions of Use and any other documents referred to on it sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please not that this policy may be amended from time to time without notice and was last posted on 18 June 2010.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1988 (the 'Act'), the data controller is GDF SUEZ Marketing Limited of No1 Leeds, 26 Whitehall Road, Leeds, LS12 1BE.
Our nominated representative for the purposes of the Act is Scott Foley, Head of IS.
Information we may collect from you
Any personal data collected from the Website may be stored and transferred within GDF SUEZ Energy UK, but will not be disclosed to or processed by any external third party without your consent. This personal data includes but is not limited to information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. In addition, if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
The data may also be used for marketing activity within GDF SUEZ Energy UK. You may 'opt-out' of any such marketing activity by sending an email here.
IP Addresses and Cookies
Where we store your personal data
When you register for access to the password-protected customer area of the Website, the Company requests details to verify your status as a customer. Having been granted the right to use this area of the Website, you are then responsible for maintaining the security of your password and account, and for all activities that occur under your password or account. You agree to (a) immediately notify GDF SUEZ Energy UK of any unauthorised use of your password or account or any other breach of security, and (b) ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session.
The security of the information you input into the customer area of the Website is protected by data encryption using Secure Sockets Layer ('SSL') software. This is indicated by a 'padlock' in the corner of your screen. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised use.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006.
The following companies trade under the name of GDF SUEZ Energy UK:
GDF SUEZ Energy UK Limited (registered in England No: 2706333),
GDF SUEZ Services Limited (registered in England No: 3814480).
For gas supply:
GDF SUEZ Solutions Limited (registered in England No: 3814488),
GDF SUEZ Sales Limited (registered in England No: 3814495).
For electricity supply:
GDF SUEZ Marketing Limited (registered in England No: 4236804).
GDF SUEZ Shotton Limited (registered in England No: 5261101),
GDF SUEZ Teesside Limited (registered in England No: 2464040),
Scotia Wind (Craigengelt) Limited (registered in England No: 5279392)
The registered office for each of these companies is No1 Leeds, 26 Whitehall Road, Leeds, LS12 1BE.
Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers or affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. If you would like to review the personal data that GDF SUEZ Energy UK holds about you, please email here or alternatively write to The Marketing Department, GDF SUEZ Energy UK, No1 Leeds, 26 Whitehall Road, Leeds, LS12 1BE. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.